Thursday 3 March 2011

Amelia's Project

You cannot comprehend people's understanding or level of emotion of my personal situation until you are all in the same room together.

Last Wednesday I experienced an emotion charged feeling that I have never felt before. People arriving for a meeting about my family, my daughters illness.
I started uncontrollably shaking to see some people that I had not seen for 30 years. Some people who were parents at Amelia's new school. All there for one purpose. Us.

I knew how the last 8 weeks had affected my close friends. But people online? You do not realise how much they care until they show up at a meeting about helping you.

The feeling in the room was undescribable. A bond between strangers. An appreciation of life and how quickly it can be taken away.

I know people who care could not attend, but the feeling in this room, on this one night was powerful.

We made a "gift bag" for everyone who attended. It included a DVD about Amelia's Project. After the meeting I came home and watched it for the first time. It did not match the feeling in the room that night. So we changed the song. One that suited the emotion charged energy surrounding this very new group.
Yesterday the DVD went on Youtube and Facebook. It is being "shared" by friends and strangers.
Today the minutes from the meeting were sent out to those who requested them.

I think it is fantastic that this group are going to help our family give Amelia the most amazing life. I also draw comfort from knowing that this group is also committed to helping the only organisation in Australia trying to find a cure for this terrible disease.

Amelia's Project is going to go places they never thought possible. Who ever thought a group of women could be so incredibly powerful.

Thank you Jemimah Simpkin for initally establishing and organising such an amazing group. None of this would have occured if you had not started the ball rolling.
Next to Amelia, you are my Angel.
Gathering all of these kindred spirits into one room to show their committment to help my family.

At the next meeting I would like to show everyone what Amelia's Project has achieved so far, but so much of it is not material.
It is inside everyones heart..........

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment