Wednesday 13 July 2011

A Ute, X-Trail and then .......a Bus.

Today we had a car accident.
Hopefully the worst we will ever have.

While driving home from my parents, a black ute two lanes to the left of my car, decided to drive across the two lanes (to his right)into the medium strip. He appeared to have no knowledge that my car was driving at 80km/hr in the second lane.
So as he collided with the front passenger side, where Amelia was sitting, he pushed our car onto the other side of Cranbourne Rd.
We were now "side on" to traffic, traveling at 80km/hr in the other direction.
After already experiencing one crash, I looked up to see a BIG black and white bus coming straight for us.
The "side" my children were innocently sitting was about to have a bus crash into it.

This vision will not leave my mind.
Amelia and Tom now tell me that they did not look at it. They chose to both look straight ahead. They do remember me yelling "hold on, hold on".

Personally I cannot forget the thought "this is it. We cannot possibly survive this".

After impact, and it was loud, the kids "curtain airbags" burst open.
I do believe that this helped save them.
Tom's window shattered. Both kids heads bounced into the airbags.
Tom and Amelia were screaming.
Tom vomitted, Amelia went into shock.

The amount of people that ran to help us was overwhelming.
I trusted them with my children (still near me) while I tried to comprehend what had just happened. One lady had Amelia, one had Tom. Others were trying to console me.
Our witness, who stayed with Tom for a long time afterwards rang Scott for me.
I rang mum and dad.
Scott's poor dad, after receiving a desperate phone call from Scott, came out of his house to hear all of the sirens.

The rest of the day was spent giving statements, getting checked out by paramedics and doctors and finally, trying to talk the kids through it.
Unfortunately the kids are very traumatized about the accident, but then so am I.......

My negative thinking for today......
Why Us ???
How much more can we handle ???
How many Chinamen (or whole towns) have we run over ???
At some stage people are going to move on. It is very depressing being around us....

My positive thinking for today......
We are alive and probably shouldn't be.
Say no more.........

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment