Sunday 28 August 2011

A Lesson thrown back at Me....

Today I have learnt something very important.
Today I have learnt something that I have been "preaching" for months.

Everyone deserves an "amazing" life.
To step outside of their comfort zone and do something just for themselves.
Or , in this case, take their talent elsewhere and improve their own life at the same time.

Tom's Kinder teacher left 9 days ago.
Today we had a very special afternoon tea at the Kinder to say our final goodbye.

I realised how selfish I have been in slightly resenting her for leaving us.
But I must say I did not realise that uncomfortable feeling until today.

This year, I looked at her as one of my "rocks".
The stability and continuity in our family 3 times a week.
Someone to look out for one of my children.
Then she resigned.

Now anyone can resign, but this person is indescribable.
Her ability and natural talent with children and their parents is unique.
Her ability to be honest and yet so positive is remarkable.

One crucial year in Tom's life.
One year where he really needs her.
And then she is gone.

But..........................................................................................
Tom's ability to change and adapt is obviously much better than my own.
He loves his new teacher.
Tom is acting like nothing is different.

Then today after speaking to this well known teacher and her husband, I realised the point I have missed.

She has changed a part of her life that was so consuming, she has created a life that allows for family and friends.
This past week she has done daily chores and actually watched television.
Things we take for granted she is now doing.

Her life was so consumed in our children's development that she forgot to make a life for herself.

Today I have been reminded of the importance of creating your own life.
And making it amazing...........
And sometimes that means making a change.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment