I have been wanting to continue my summary of 2011 for well over a week but have been so sick in the past 7 days.
I guess, in a way, the year has caught up with me and all of the stress and negativity has taken over my body.
I am still not well but at least I can get up out of bed now.
Tonight I would like to list all of the amazing experiences that people have organised for us.
Hopefully I remember all of them.
There has been a lot.
Every single one has left a wonderful memory that will stay with us forever.
It all began with a gift registry set up by the very kind Shannan.....
1. Build a bear (we came home with 5 !!!!).
2. Hairspray the musical with a group of gorgeous ladies. We also met the two main cast members afterwards.
3. The Herald-Sun did an article on Amelia. It was written by Daniel Hoy.
4. Angie Baxter, a professional photographer, took the most amazing photo's of us. These photo's are now used for "Amelia's Project" and another media article used one later in the year.
5. Take 5 magazine did an article on "our family".
6. Met some beautiful women from "Ebony's will to walk". They gave us advice on setting up Amelia's Project.
7. Set up an Amelia's Project Committee.
8. The very first Amelia's Project meeting. So many people and I was a shaking mess. Jemimah was renamed the "power machine".
9. Melbourne Zoo. The most memorable experience of feeding giraffes, a seal and lions.
10. Our first A-T clinic in Brisbane. We learnt so much about Amelia's new diagnosis and came home with our first feeling of HOPE.
11. Our first circus. Gorgeous Anna took the kids and I to see a spectacular show.
12. A very fun evening for the "Royal Wedding".
13. 350 people came to MacDonalds between 5:30-7:30pm on a Tuesday night. The most they have ever seen for a fundraising night. $1000 was donated by Macca's and the beautiful Kelly also did a HUGE raffle.
14. We got our first fishtank. We have managed to kill all of the fish, except one. So we have decided he is the winner of "survivor!!!!".
15. Met the beautiful Holly for the first time. She read about us in New Zealand and insisted on flying over to just meet us. Shell came out to lunch with us just to make sure she was not an axe murderer !!
16. Amelia begins a fortnightly painting class with a professional artist. She wanted to donate her time and expertise to Amelia.
17. Scott, Myff (Amelia's special physio) and I fly to Brisbane for a 1 day conference on the research occuring into A-T.
18. The Circle TV show has me on for a makeover. They also question me on Amelia and A-T.
19. The Amelia Night at our local RSL. HUGE. $52,000 raised in that one night.
20. Our local fire brigade holds a sausage sizzle and raises $1000.
21. Our local pharmacy holds a sausage sizzle and raises $750.
22. Danny and Donna take us to the most magical Fairy Park far, far, far away.
22. Donna and Shane treat both kids to a Harley ride.
23. Have our first trip to the snow and are given an awesome cabin to stay the weekend in. Some awesome friends also chose to come with us.
24. Attend our first Melbourne Brashat Gala Night. We hear people speak about research into A-T.
25. Both kids are spoilt at the local Fire Brigade Station and given a "trauma bear" and certificates to be volunteer fire fighters.
26.DISNEYLAND !!!!!! Oh and Las Vegas and Hawaii!
27. The most unbelievably beautiful bathrooms are created for our home while we are in America. One that is easier for Amelia to shower in and a spa bath to relax and soothe her tired body.
28. This week "our" limousine driver from "Aberlene limo's" has insisted on picking Amelia up at home time from school. He has asked her to choose 9 friends and they get to drive around in this luxurious car and returned to our house after 1 hour.
We have had an ipad and a walker delivered anonymously to our front door.
Chocolates, wine and flowers are a happy discovery when I am having a sad day.
The donations collected and offered for the Amelia Night at the RSL were unbelievable.
Many people arriving on our doorstep and insisting on giving us money.
People sending money and gifts in the mail.
(If I have forgotten anyone or anything I am very, very sorry. I have written straight from my diary!)
Everyone also began sleeping with onions next to them and True Blood became the TV show to watch for vampire porn.
Everyone heard my opinion/s on life, friends, accepting support, grieving and God.
I have not yet written the one on "reaching orgasm" as I promised !!!
I will continue my summary another night but I will leave you with a rather funny image........
After showering Amelia the other night, she insisted on running out to Scott.....naked.
She turns around so that her back was facing him.
She then began wiggling her bottom and singing
"I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT !!!!!!!!!!
WIGGLE, WIGGLE, WIGGLE, WIGGLE
Bloody Hysterical !!!!!!!!