Saturday 20 December 2014

Reflecting

Hello.

I am feeling rather reflective today and am processing many things.
It seems understandable with Christmas Day and the end of another year approaching.
Today is the first day in a long time that has allowed us to sit and do whatever our hearts desire.

The knowledge we have of 2015 is allowing us to look forward to what will hopefully be a wonderful year.
2014 has been very difficult and one we will be glad to say goodbye to.

Tom came home with another amazing school report.
The school is introducing a very thorough education session to all staff and all the supplies needed for a diabetic child while at school, on an excursion or at camp. This is in response to Tom having a severe hypo while attending an excursion and there being no "jellybeans" in the first aid kit.
(I had sent all supplies but Tom accidently left it at school).
He will be in a composite grade with children a year higher and his teacher sounds like she will be good for him.

Amelia is happy that she has most of the same staff and students that she had this year.
She is very sad to see one staff member being moved to another grade but we have reassured her that we will ensure they still see each other regularly.

Scott is in a full time job that he is enjoying and I am very proud of his work ethic to move beyond just the job role. He is now also passionate about emotional well being, kindness and happiness among the staff. If you are going to spend so much time together then you may as well make it enjoyable.

I am looking forward to a new family member coming to join us in late January.
A Labrador puppy from a reputable breeder.
He is a golden colour and will be a wonderful companion for all of us.
I am also grateful that Tom will have a playmate in the backyard.
Tom is already sleeping with a teddy bear, putting his smell on it, so that our new baby will have something to nestle into at night.

This past week my father in law replaced our revolting, stained carpets with a stunning vinyl floorboard.
It is amazing how it has not only changed the look of the house, but also our mood within.
It is calming to look at and does not make you feel like the house is constantly "dirty".
I am looking forward to open fires in Winter!

My dad also installed pay TV for us.
I am loving flicking through all the channels and watching movies.

Next year I am going to focus on returning to the book I began writing.
I have so much that I have already written and yet so much more to do.
That as well as keeping the house a bit tidier than this year !!

My dad is still not better and I hope with the surgeons he will be seeing in the future, he will be healed.

Next week will be full of excitement as Amelia and Tom open their presents.
I have been able to order many items online that none of us knew were available.
I just hope they arrive before Christmas!

In the last 2 months Amelia's feet have begun to "roll" when she walks. They are no longer flat on the ground and it makes assisted walking very difficult. She collapses to the ground often with Scott and I catching her fall.

Our new Premier announced yesterday that he aims to have Medical Marijuana available to "those who need it" by the end of 2015. He wants Victoria to be the first state in Australia to legalise something that is so badly needed.

2015 is going to be a good year.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Enjoy the excitement on children's faces and cherish family times together.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment