Saturday 16 July 2011

Disneyland update .......

While tea parties, getting hit by a bus (and a ute!) and doing the usual running of a house has been happening, I have been organising our "trip of a lifetime" for Amelia.
But the actual booking process is not going well.

1. Before we book ANYTHING we have to have Travel Insurance. For this I need a letter from Amelia's paediatrician to say that she will be ok to travel. This letter was written in February. Now that letter is considered invalid. It needs to have a current date. 2 weeks wait. Still waiting.
2. Waiting for cheaper flights. Obviously never going to happen.
3. Choosing hotels. More difficult than I realised it would be.
4. Choosing the Adventures to be had while we are in our "trip of a lifetime".
5. Passports. Cannot find Amelia's and have wrong marriage certificate. Off I go to Births, Deaths and Marriages.
6. Passport application took FOREVER. (Thanks to Emma Hull for setting aside a whole hour to go guarrantor).
7. Passport office rings. Scott and I still have valid passports from a gazillion years ago (pre kids we went to Thailand). Because I cannot find them, we must cancel them.
8. Ring to cancel passports. Half hour phoecall and then payment will not go through. System is down.

At this point I am ready to laugh like a crazy hyena, because I do not know what else to do.

9.Ring our contact at Flight Centre. "I am stressed that we want to leave in less than 3 months and we will lose all the accomodation that I want. Just needed to ring and tell you that !!!!" I say.

So as you can see, everything is happening but also ISN'T !!!!!

Today my brain feels like exploding because it is spinning with everything I need to do.

On top of all this I have NO CAR (that is probably a write off), have the Brashat night in 4 weeks and purple bruising across my body.

At least I can tell people that the kids and I survived getting hit by a bus (and a ute!).

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment