Sunday 7 August 2011

Moving on......

Scott FINALLY came home from hospital yesterday.
A 5 1/2 day stay.
As he arrived home (thankyou Russell for getting him), I was walking out the door.
Both kids had Birthday parties to attend.
He is still getting better, but at least he can do it from home now.

I am looking forward to not trying to work out when we can go to the hospital each day.

The beginning of the week was difficult.
The kids were very emotional, especially when we had to say goodbye to Scott each time.

Amelia had 3 appointments on Wednesday.
I had my MRI for Breast cancer (precautionary measure) on Thursday.
And then throw in a school meeting.
Finally I had to find an outfit for the Brashat Gala next weekend.

So a busy week.

But I am very proud to say that by the end of it both children were very happy.
So I must have done something right.

I cannot describe how I feel when Amelia comes out of class at the end of the day with a big smile on her face.
Normally it is a face of tiredness and concentration.
At the end of this week it was a big smile.

Tom has been full of conversation and loving cuddles.

They are both now very happy to have their daddy home.

Someone asked me yesterday "are you excited about Disneyland?".
Without appearing negative, I actually have not had time in the last few weeks to sit back and think about it, let alone get excited.
As we all sit in front of an open fire today, maybe I will let my mind wander to imagine and dream about the adventure in 8 weeks time.
(while enjoying the beautiful cuddles our children are giving out in bucket loads at the moment)....

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment