Sunday 10 June 2012

Home Video's

Plans are well underway for the Amelia night on August 4th.

One feature of the night is a DVD that I have requested Belinda help me make.

I would like to make a DVD with snippets of Amelia growing up.
I want to show her at various times in her very short life so far.
Talking, walking, running and eating.

Tonight I began the major task of choosing the footage from our home video's.

I knew that it would be time consuming BUT I do not know how I could be so incredibly niave to not think how heartbreaking it would be.

For the last three hours I have been watching movie after movie.
Movies of Amelia dancing.......without falling.
Getting up off the ground (one legged) with ease.
Talking non stop and so very, very clearly.

We are constantly telling HER at 4 and 5 years old to let Tom have a turn on the camera.

Amelia is jumping, hopping and making tiny things with playdough.

Everything I have mentioned above she cannot do now.

Comparing then to now has shattered me.
The difference is like I am looking at another totally different child.

I do not think there will be a greater understanding of what A-T does to a child than this video we will make.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment