Wednesday 22 August 2012

Time and changes

It has been a long time between posts.

While we wait patiently (unfortunately Amelia does not know what this word means) for the electric wheelchair and car to be converted we have experienced what can only be described as another decline.

Amelia can not "safely" walk now by herself.
We have to feed her 70% of the time.
We can no longer leave her alone while eating due to choking.

This morning while I was having my shower I heard lots of noises in our bedroom.
As the doors slowly opened and Amelia crawled in, I realised she was unable to walk at all.
She laid on the floor smiling and talking to me.

Recently I said how well she was doing........well that is not the case anymore.

Rollercoaster.

Tom approached her aide at mainstream last Friday and requested Amelia be taken to the canteen at lunchtime.
He wanted to buy her a hot chocolate with his "tooth fairy"money.
When apparently a child called her names for accidently spilling it, Tom reacted immediately in defending his sister.
I can slowly see the beautiful human being he is becoming.

Finally ...... life.
I encountered a "hurdle" recently.
It involved friends, what is appropriate behaviour and a very strong belief of mine.
I had tried many ways to handle this situation.
I made a firm decision (with the support of others) that affected many around me.
I am disappointed and ashamed of the ramifications of this decision.
My own behaviour and that of others is something to analyse and learn by.

I have lost friends,
 how many ?
 I do not know yet.

It was their choice to "walk away" so now it is my choice to "move on".

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment