Friday 28 June 2013

Fresh Start

My mind, my thinking and my ideas are in overdrive at the moment.
My email account is overflowing with peoples thoughts on what I have written so far and publishers, editors and manuscript assessors replying to my questions.

Thank you to everyone that has been so incredibly helpful in the past fortnight. Your enthusiasm has been infectious.

As I said last night on Amelia's Project page on Facebook, it has been suggested that I need to make a business plan/prospect/outline.
Mine is quite simple.
1. Write book
2. Get it published
3. Have mixed media media appearances for release of book
4. Go on guest speaking circuit
5. Make lots of money to pay our house off.

That is not too much to ask is it?
I am determined to try my best and maybe I will succeed.
Amelia is with me for a reason, I really, honestly believe that.

The kids are also getting interested in what I am doing.
The CAN DO attitude is huge in this house right now.
Apparently Amelia and Tom are writing books themselves now!

So far I have learnt that writing a book is all consuming and is not easy.
I will also need my own marketing campaign (publisher or not) and push to sell my own book.
Sales and marketing will be new areas for me.

I will also need a good support network behind me and people actually interested in reading it.
I think I have that going by all the support I have been receiving from family, friends and members of Amelia's Project.

That is another thing.
Amelia's Project has changed in the last 10 months.
It is no longer a fundraising group trying to raise funds to support Amelia and her family.
It is now more a group that
1. Is raising awareness about Ataxia Telangiectasia.
2. Following a journey of a child's horrible diagnosis
3. Following the highs and the lows and enjoying the triumphs
and
4. Despite almost everything being negative in our situation ; looking on the bright side of life.

I am sure there are many more but that is all I can think of right now.

Next week the group on Facebook will change it's name. This blog will also change it's name. The photo's will be changed to more recent pictures of Amelia.

I would like the group and blog to be called "An Amazing Life".
That is what Amelia is having and is also reflecting on those around her.

I look forward to moving onwards and upwards with all that would like to join me.

The world is our oyster........

Now to get ready for the Kings arrival soon and I need to write more for the book!!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment