Thursday 3 March 2011

Friends......

I have never had expectations of my friends.
 Everyone is different to the next person and to place "expectations" on them is unrealistic.
 We choose our friends based on an acceptance of who they are.
To appreciate the people and their own individual personalities around you gives you an appreciation of life.
I have actually always found "people" fascinating. I love learning about and understanding the different individuals around me.

Before children I embarked on a road of self discovery. After 3 years of counselling, the techniques and guidance that I learnt became ingrained.
To learn who you are, why you are and how you can improve is a very empowering lesson. It is something that will stay with me forever.

The topic of "friends" has always been very important to me. It is something I care about very deeply and has become so needed recently.
In the last few years I have been lucky enough to establish an amazing network of people around me. People from many different backgrounds and "walks of life".
Every single person has a different perspective on what life is and how we should tackle it.
By accepting these people for who they are I am fortunate enough to walk away with a small part of them inside of me. It helps to make me the person I am.

The response to me in the last few weeks from various people has been not unexpected or unreasonable.
Some cannot handle the pain or stress so they choose to make no contact. That is alright. The emotions in our current situation can be very painful at times.
Other people have chosen to make contact after not speaking to me for decades. That too, is alright. They have heard about our story and want to help.
And there are those who want to stand close and walk the pathway with you. They feel the pain and have the tears. These people I cannot find words to describe............

I am a complicated person. I am emotional. speak my mind and get anxious easily. All the different people and their personalities mentioned above, ( and so many more ) accept me for who I am. That is what friends do.

You cannot place expectations on people to react a certain way in a situation like this. It would make life very unrealistic.

An event has been organised for next month where so many people in my life are going to be in the same room. So many people who do not know anyone else, except for those they have conversed with, on facebook, on the subject of my daughter, Amelia. Everyone will be there for one purpose, to help us. So many kind souls in the one room. I have been extremely humbled by the organisation of this.

And as I contemplate an interview about this page tomorrow with the Herald-Sun, I feel so many emotions.
Sadness and pain that it is all about my little girl, but also warmth, love and support from so many people around me.

My latest lesson in self discovery is "Friendship". More powerful than I had ever imagined it to be.

Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment